Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Celebration: Playful Kiss - The Smashing New Korean Drama

If you're looking for the perfect romance fix and you've watched your copies of Pride and Prejudice (both the Colin Firth and Keira Knightly versions) and Sleepless in Seattle more times than you can add up without a calculator, you HAVE to watch this new Korean tv show called Playful Kiss. It has the perfect balance of all the things a girl could want in a dose of romantic comedy:

Adorable leading lady
Handsome and hard to read male lead (the hard to read aspect adds to the romantic tension)
Hilarious circumstances and dialogue
Endearing side characters
Positive underlying messages
And a magical feeling story world

So, if you don't mind reading English subtitles, you should check Playful Kiss out on Hulu: Click HERE

Then, if you like it, I want you to tell me all the little details you liked so much because I like to share. My sister and I have already had some great, girlishly gushing discussions about our favorite parts.

Fighting! (You'll understand once you start watching it.)

Unfortunately, Hulu is the only place that I could find that is showing the show in the United States, so if you don't have fast enough internet to watch it, I apologize now for getting your hopes up.

7 comments:

  1. Ooo! Sounds like a good "in house" date for me and the hubby. And I like that you used the word "smashing." :) Mostly I just really like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 내가 원하 Hyun Joong 나를 위해!!!

    http://translate.google.com/#

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janae, I hope you guys have a great in house date. It has enough hilarity that even guys should enjoy it.

    Mitzi, I know, I know. I want him for you too. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm on episode 5 right now. I'm totally hooked and neglecting my children. Also, I think Seung Jo is maybe a little abusive. But maybe that is a cultural thing. You know like the part when he tells her to clean up the dishes and everything. But they are so great together! I just wish he'd stop messing with her! But I feel like he is getting better. But your analysis above of the show is so on! I love the mom's outfits and headbands. I want to start wearing feathers. And I love the posing teddy bears at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, when is the next episode coming out? I just finished episode 7. Ugh. This is probably good though because I need to feed my family now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha. I know, sometimes he is mean. But I think the point it that it's not good and he needs to learn to be different. And I think it's pretty realistic for him to be that way since he's never had to work hard for anything. I totally started neglecting things to watch the show too! Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay are you dying after today's episode? Thank you so much for introducing this series to me! It brings me much happiness. Also, people are really taken back when I say, "So I've started watching Korean television and there is this really great show called 'Playful Kiss'". They say, "That is the last thing that I expected to come out of your mouth." Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete