Friday, October 1, 2010

Celebration: That the Internet Really is World Wide

I may or may not be obsessed with Asian media these days. (I am.) When I was a kid Asia seemed like such a distant place, removed from my own reality. As different culturally from my own experience as you could get in the modern world. Today I can access little pieces of the Asian culture with just a few clicks of my mouse and it feels almost as magical as if I'd actually teleported there. "Hello," I want to say to the people I see on my computer screen. "Let's be friends. Please."

Today Jordan showed me some Japanese music videos by Genki Sudo, an ex-MMA fighter and a musician (who knew the two could go hand in hand?) and I may or may not have a new favorite musician (I do.) Watching his videos is completely fascinating and I'm so happy that we have the internet, that really does bring everyone in the world a little closer.

Watch this, in fascination:

8 comments:

  1. WOW RoSe!!! THank you SO much for sharing. I absolutely loved it and it made me miss Japan SO much! You would die with joy in Japan. YOu would laugh EVERY day. I am so excited to go back now!!!! I love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool! I really like the music. And they didn't even have to learn very many steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Rose, you are so delightfully ridiculous :). I do not quite share your fascination with Asian media, but this video was strangely compelling.

    ~Ren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That was purely spectacular. I am going to show Dave when he gets back from Flagstaff. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lor, if you go back to Japan, please take me with you so that we can laugh every day together, ha ha.

    Ma, I want to see you doing the dance. Don't you think it would be fun?

    Ren, right? Esp, the part where they're all behind him. I like that part.

    Arianne, we keep talking about driving down and visiting you guys. I think we really should do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so incredible! That is my new favorite thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I know! It's so cool. It still excites me and I've watched it like, 40 times. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete