Friday, May 28, 2010

Celebration: Free Online White Noise

I just finished my first essay for my class on the novel. We had a 3 hour time limit and I was getting too easily distracted and was worried I wouldn't be able to finish in time, so anticipating the tantrum I could tell I was about to throw, I looked for white noise on the internet and I found a program that lets you CUSTOMIZE IT!

http://www.soundsleeping.com/

At first it made me laugh too hard to get anything done (try the sound called "vibes" or the one called "flute song" - hilarious), but after a few minutes (and after turning off the musical options) I was perfectly focused and relaxed. I'm still listening to it right now while the fan blows cool air across my face. I'm pretending I'm in the movie Enchanted April. Who wouldn't want to spend a summer in a coastal villa in Italy?

Also, tonight Jordan is making--from scratch--chicken tikka masala. I pity the fool who doesn't get to taste it.

6 comments:

  1. MMMMM. Dad and I will be there in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so funny. i've customized so many wonderful sounds that i wouldn't think would go well together, like windchimes and "creek."

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, thanks for giving me so many opportunities to LOL!!! today at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for ma and pa coming to our home! YAY!
    Mitzi: Just wait til you get here. I'll show you one heck of a tantrum.
    Hanner: HA HA HA HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm now listening to it rain on the ocean.

    And scratch tikka masala is a fave at our house! Sooooooo goooooooooooooood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you wish you were actually listening to it actually rain on an actual ocean? (From the comfort of a beach-side cottage, of course...or an Italian Villa.)

    I like that you tikka masala. I like you.

    ReplyDelete