Sunday, October 31, 2010

Celebration: October and Halloween


October has been a good month. I couldn't, for the life of me, remember exactly why , but as the month ends I have a lot of happy, satisfied feelings about how it went. 

I'm also happy it's Halloween. Here are some things I appreciate about Halloween:

  • Even though I hardly ever get in costume anymore, I love seeing other people's creativity and personality as displayed in their costumes.
  • It's one of the few days when it is acceptable for people to defy social norms and get kudos for it.
  • As a kid I used to want to be a witch, so I have a certain affinity with the atmosphere of the day.
  • It's associated with candy.
  • Little kids' cuteness gets amplified by probably 50%.
  • And a new reason to like Halloween: It's Nevada Day! A Celebration of my new home state. 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, kids are cute on Halloween. I was out in front of the house and a neighbor girl (age 3) came up to me and said, "You're Mrs. Santa Claus." Then another kid with her said, "I'm coming to see you on Halloween." So, of course, I had to be there and be ready. Sadly, only two groups all evening did not know about saying "Merry Christmas!" Even some people I didn't know said it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to put that in my list! Amendment to above list:
    I like Halloween because my mom dresses up like Mrs. Santa Claus and hands out Christmas presents instead of candy. How could that not make Halloween even a little bit better?

    ReplyDelete