Saturday, December 19, 2009

Celebration - Red





I just started a new journal. Having a red journal motivates me to write more. Writing more makes me happy.


I finished the red necklace this week. I made it for a friend who doesn't have a lot of jewelry. She got REALLY excited and it made me glad that I didn't keep it like Jordan said I should. (That was just Jordan trying to make me feel like it was a really awesome necklace.)

This week red has made me really happy. Here are some thoughts about the color red:


Red is bold.
Red is a statement.
Red is festive (Think about it: Christmas AND Valentines AND the 4th of July.)
Red, I have noticed, looks good on most people.
Red is both sexy and exotic.


I'm really glad red exists.


Things that are red that I am also glad exist: blood, rubber balls, some porsches, lips, apples, the stripes on the American flag, double decker buses, strawberries, the hat I just made, Christmas stockings, my favorite nail polish, Clifford, stop signs, and so much more.

5 comments:

  1. And my heart that beats so tenderly at the thought of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. red is a spectacular color! so vibrant your journal looks just so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayley, you made me nearly die laughing.

    It's two days before Christmas, you guys!!! If it weren't so wintery I'd be walking on sunshine.

    ReplyDelete