Friday, February 4, 2011

Celebration: My Bizarre Dreams

Some of you may have heard about the dream I had a few weeks ago where Craig Ferguson and I were a detective partnership and Craig Ferguson kept insisting on dressing up in elaborate, unnecessary and very conspicuous costumes, usually ones that revealed huge portions of his masculinely hairy chest. I always have vivid, bizarre dreams like this.

Last night I dreamt that my sister Mitzi, Jordan and I moved into a house with a rather pudgy, middle-aged fellow who liked to dress up in drag (dress-up theme here?). For the housewarming party, to which many of the people from mine and Jordan's current and past wards (church congregations) ended up coming, our new housemate dressed up in a brightly colored, overly-feathered, showgirl outfit and performed the following dance:

He reached one feathered arm around a corner into the room where all our guests were gathered, and touched his pointer finger to a melancholy-looking picture on the wall while singing in low, solemn tones, "You...do..." Then in one fluid movement he ripped the picture off the wall to reveal a different, bright and happy picture, while simultaneously spinning into the room in a dozen perfectly realized pirouettes and singing loudly, triumphantly "SOMETHING TO ME!!!" Ending with his arms extended upward and outward as far as they could reach. It was quite a moment.

I remember the Dream Me feeling a little bit of his excitement and also a little bit embarrassed for him because it just wasn't the right crowd to appreciate this sort of thing, and hoping that people would clap. But I don't remember if they did.

I do hope that someday I learn to sleep better, but I sort of hope I never stop having these amazing dreams.

6 comments:

  1. OMG, the full version of this dream is pure magic! I, too, hope you sleep better (which reminds me that I need to tell you what my doc said today) and I, too, hope you never stop having these amazing dreams!

    Also, I bet I clapped. Wholeheartedly. And probly yelled "Super fabulous, sweet cheeks!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's a very funny dream. If I dream weird dreams they're usually weirdly scary. I'd much rather dream the funny ones. And I would have laughed and clapped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'd sure enjoy to watch your dreams every now and then. What a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a really good story teller....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit I'm a little jealous. I usually just have anxiety dreams, like the one where I forgot that I was taking a class for an entire semester and all the work is now due...then I usually wake up and remember that I already completed my master's degree and I'm not taking any more classes ever.

    And for the record, I would have clapped, and told everyone I knew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mitzi and I have talked about figuring out a way to download my dreams, but that area of science is not my specialty.

    Suzanne: Thanks!

    Marci: At least in that anxiety dream you haven't also forgotten to wear any clothes.

    ReplyDelete