Monday, December 6, 2010

Celebration: Singing Christmas Songs in Church

I like going to church in December because it means we get to belt out Christmas songs with a whole load of people. I wish we'd add more Christmas songs to the hymn book though. Like wouldn't it be awesome if the congregation attempted the high notes in "O Holy Night" or crooned "Santa Baby?"

Here's a version of "Santa Baby" with a hilariously incongruous graphic. Try to picture the Relief Society president putting on this mood. (Or if you're not Mormon, picture your proper, kindly aunt trying it.) I know there's only part of the song here, but I'm tired and I don't feel like searching for a full version.


4 comments:

  1. The funny thing is that my mom IS the relief society president right now. Ah...I can only imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the concept of going to church in December just to sing Christmas songs. That's basically what I did yesterday and they even were singing "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" as the last song, but alas, it was fast and testimony meeting and people were selfish and took too much time and we only got to sing two verses. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nae, that's a perfect addition to my own imaginings. I bet your mom would do a great rendition.

    Marci, no way! I would feel so ripped off. I was actually afraid they were going to do that in our ward too. But we got to sing all of "Hark the Herald," so I was satisfied.

    ReplyDelete