Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Celebration: The Christmas Season, Baby!

I can't stand how happy I am that it's the Christmas season. It makes me so happy I can't sit still. I'm listening to Christmas music and dancing all over our apartment. Maybe I can count it as my exercise? I've always loved Christmas, but I think the last few years I've developed as much excitement for the Christmas season as I used to get as a kid. Who knows why? Just one day it started feeling completely magical again.

Another thing that's changed is I've mostly embraced the cheesy nature of Christmas music. I remember sitting in the car with my parents and plugging my ears and moaning through most of the Christmas music played on FM100 or whatever station it was. Now I've got a Pandora Radio station filled with loads of cheesy Christmas music (though I still can't handle some of it - really, there's a limit, Brian McKnight) and I'm LOVING it. My favorite Christmas song right now is Stevie Wonder's "One Little Christmas Tree." I discovered it in our iTunes library my first Christmas with Jordan and I can't believe I'd never heard it before. (I'm so glad I married Jordan so my Christmas music experience could be enriched...) So I'm sharing it with everyone today, the first day of December. Please embrace this cheesy wonder:





(Unfortunately I couldn't find one with a real music video. So sad. I bet if there were one, it would be AMAZING.)

6 comments:

  1. You'll be proud of me. I made it half way through. That choir in the background almost made me want to listen to the rest of it. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, we must be listening to the same station that plays brian mcnasty. i'm not a huge fan either. but stevie! oh, his voice just soothes my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rosie riot! i miss you, dear.
    thanks for sharing a new christmas song. i picked up a frank sinatra christmas record at the thrift store last week and we've been playing it nonstop. his jingle bells song is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitzi, I'm proud of you for even trying to listen, considering your feelings toward most Christmas music.

    Hanner, right? Right? I agree on both counts.

    gnome, I love Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby at Christmas. On pandora there is what seems like an unending Frank and Bing Christmas library. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pretenders do a song called 2000 Miles that is my all time favorite Christmas song. Although I do like Baby It's Cold Outside and I like the movie White Christmas in which Bing and Frank are very Christmas-y. Anyway, you should check out 2000 Miles:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmx3QC7n6sk

    It always makes me feel nostalgic and happy and sad at the same time. There may be a better video of it than that, but I'm not taking the time to find it. ha ha

    Happy Christmas-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good song. But Frank Sinatra is not in White Christmas, sweetcakes. Ha ha ha. That there is Danny Kaye. Here is proof:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YhTKiFEMAg

    (The best moment is at about 1:30.)

    ReplyDelete